From Hitesh Shah <hit...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Problem when setting up hadoop cluster step 2
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2012 19:38:11 GMT
Hi

Yes - you should all packages from the new repo and none from the old repo. Most of the packages
should be the same but same like hadoop-lzo were re-factored to work correctly with respect
to 32/64-bit installs on RHEL6.

Regarding the mount points, from a hadoop point of view, the namenode and datanode dirs are
just dirs. From a performance point of view, you want each dir to be created on a separate
mount point to increase disk io bandwidth. This means that the mount points that you select
on the UI should allow directories to be created. If you have mounted certain kind of filesystems
which you do not wish to use for hadoop ( any tmpfs, nfs mounts etc ), you should de-select
them on the UI and/or use the custom mount point text box as appropriate. The UI currently
does not distinguish valid mount points and therefore it is up to the user to select correctly.

-- Hitesh

On Aug 18, 2012, at 9:48 AM, xu peng wrote:

> Hi Hitesh:
>
> Thanks again for your reply.
>
> I solved the dependency problem after updating the hdp repo.
>
> But here comes two new problems :
> 1. I update the new hdp repo , but i create a local repo copy of the
> old hdp repo. And I installed all the rpm package except
> hadoop-lzo-native using the old hdp repo. So it seems like the
> hadoop-lzo-native has some conflct with hadoop-lzo. So , do i have to
> install all the rpm package from the new repo ?
>
> 2. From the error log , i can see a command "mkdir -p /var/.../..
> (mounting point of hadoop)", but i found the mouting point is not a
> dir , but a blocking file(bwrxwrxwrx). And the execution of this step
> failed. Did i do something wrong ?
>
> I am sorry that this deploy error log is on my company's computer, and
> i will upload it in my next email.
>

> Thanks
> -- Xupeng
>
> On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 4:43 AM, Hitesh Shah <hitesh@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>> Hi again,
>>
>> You are actually hitting a problem caused by some changes in the code which require
a modified repo. Unfortunately, I got delayed in modifying the documentation to point to the
new repo.

>> Could you try using
>> http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP-1.0.1.14/repos/centos5/hdp-release-1.0.1.14-1.el5.noarch.rpm
>> or
>> http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP-1.0.1.14/repos/centos6/hdp-release-1.0.1.14-1.el6.noarch.rpm
>>
>> The above should install the yum repo configs to point to the correct repo which
will have the lzo packages.

>> -- Hitesh
>>

>> On Aug 16, 2012, at 9:27 PM, xu peng wrote:
>>
>>> Hitesh Shah :
>>>
>>> It is a my my pleasure to fill jira of ambari to help other users . As
>>> a matter of fact, i want to summarize all the problem before i install
>>> ambari cluster successfully. And i will  feed back as soon as
>>> possiable.
>>>
>>> Here is another problem i encounter when install hadoop using ambari,
>>> i found a rpm package "hadoop-lzp-native" not in the hdp repo
>>> (baseurl=http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP-1.0.13/repos/centos5)
>>> . So i failed againg during deploying step.
>>>
>>> And the attachment is the deploying log , please refer.
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot and look forward to you reply.

if the master was bootstrapped earlier, it would still be looking to match against old certs.

the cert for the master is recreated as we deleted it earlier.

come across and how you solved them. We can use that to create an FAQ for other users.

them or they cannot communicate with the master. Trying doing a puppet kick --ping to them
from the master.

install $pre_installed_pkgs]/Exec[yum install $pre_installed_pkgs]/returns (err): change from
notrun to 0 failed: yum install -y hadoop hadoop-libhdfs hadoop-native hadoop-pipes hadoop-sbin
hadoop-lzo hadoop hadoop-libhdfs hadoop-native hadoop-pipes hadoop-sbin hadoop-lzo hdp_mon_dashboard
ganglia-gmond-3.2.0 gweb hdp_mon_ganglia_addons snappy snappy-devel returned 1 instead of
one of [0] at /etc/puppet/agent/modules/hdp/manifests/init.pp:265\"",

manually and see what the error is.

Depending on where the uninstall failed, you may have to manually do a killall java on all
the nodes to kill any missed processes. If you want to start with a complete clean install,
you should also delete the hadoop dir in the mount points you selected during the previous
install  so that the new fresh install does not face errors when it tries to re-format hdfs.

that should allow you to re-create a fresh cluster.

Thank you

to be run as root. It does not detect that the user is not root and use sudo either on the
master or on the agent nodes.
to use pdsh to make remote calls to the host list that you passed in due to the errors mentioned
in your script. This could be due to how it was installed but I am not sure.

command on all hosts using pdsh? If you want to reference exactly how ambari uses pdsh, you
can look into /usr/share/hmc/php/frontend/commandUtils.php

wrong with my account ?

to /etc/sudofilers

dir, but only 55.log file (55

insecure.
uid, or pdsh executable owner

is 100 so please look for the 100.log file.

wrote:

> [...]
back to you.

and see if there are any errors in it?

wrote:

> [...]
I have done all your suggestions in my
is as below.

file is empty after i failed at
in win7 and redhat , it both
my hostdetails file)
and run the .sh script .It seems
it print the hostname in console and
"0") in the same dir. (Please see the
.sh script )
error_log too. Hope this helps ~

the hosts.txt file at /var/run/hmc/clusters/EBHadoop/hosts.txt is empty?

the hostdetails file that you upload does not have any special characters that may be creating
problems for the parsing layer?

be an ssh.sh script. Can you create a copy of it, edit to remove the logging re-directs to
files and run the script manually from command-line ( it takes in a hostname as the argument
) ? The output of that should show you as to what is going wrong.

and httpd/error_log to see if there are any errors being logged which may shed more light
on the issue.

Artem Ervits wrote:

> [...]
in the step? Hostdetail.txt or hosts?

09, 2012 11:33 AM
when setting up hadoop cluster step 2

~

file which contains the names of all servers. And i submit this file on the website ,  but
i still have the same problem. I failed at the step of finding reachable nodes.

in transaction 100 while running cmd:

file is :"

 22:16:53
when setting up hadoop cluster step 2
a hosts file which I believe you called hostdetail. Make sure it's the same file. You also
mention a hosts.txt and host.txt. You only need one file with the names of all servers.
09, 2012 2:02 AM
setting up hadoop cluster step 2
to set up a hadoop cluster , but i encounter a problem on step 2. I already set up the password-less
ssh, and i creat a hostdetail.txt file.
found the file
is empty , no matter how many times i submit the host.txt file on the website , and i really
don't know why.
: [2012:08:09
in transaction 100 while running cmd:
this(vbaby1.cloud.eb is the master node) :
tell me what i am doing wrong ?
is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain information that
is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient, please
notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above,
and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.