From Hitesh Shah <hit...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Problem when setting up hadoop cluster step 2
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 16:24:28 GMT
Xupeng, can you confirm that the hosts.txt file at /var/run/hmc/clusters/EBHadoop/hosts.txt
is empty?

Also, can you ensure that the hostdetails file that you upload does not have any special characters
that may be creating problems for the parsing layer?

In the same dir, there should be an ssh.sh script. Can you create a copy of it, edit to remove
the logging re-directs to files and run the script manually from command-line ( it takes in
a hostname as the argument ) ? The output of that should show you as to what is going wrong.

Also, please look at /var/log/hmc/hmc.log and httpd/error_log to see if there are any errors
being logged which may shed more light on the issue.

thanks
-- Hitesh

On Aug 9, 2012, at 9:11 AM, Artem Ervits wrote:

> Which file are you supplying in the step? Hostdetail.txt or hosts?

this file on the website ,  but i still have the same problem. I failed at the step of finding
reachable nodes.

> The error log is : "
> [ERROR][sequentialScriptExecutor][sequentialScriptRunner.php:272][]:
> Encountered total failure in transaction 100 while running cmd:
> /usr/bin/php ./addNodes/findSshableNodes.php with args: EBHadoop root
> 35 100 36 /var/run/hmc/clusters/EBHadoop/hosts.txt
> "
>
> And my hostdetail.txt file is :"
> vbaby2.cloud.eb
> vbaby3.cloud.eb
> vbaby4.cloud.eb
> vbaby5.cloud.eb
> vbaby6.cloud.eb
> "
> Thank you very much ~
>
> 2012-08-09
> xupeng.bupt
it's the same file. You also mention a hosts.txt and host.txt. You only need one file with
the names of all servers.
2. I already set up the password-less ssh, and i creat a hostdetail.txt file.
> The problem is that i found the file
> "/var/run/hmc/clusters/EBHadoop/hosts.txt" is empty , no matter how many times i submit
the host.txt file on the website , and i really don't know why.
> {
> Here is the log file : [2012:08:09
> 05:17:56][ERROR][sequentialScriptExecutor][sequentialScriptRunner.php:272][]:
> Encountered total failure in transaction 100 while running cmd:
> /usr/bin/php ./addNodes/findSshableNodes.php with args: EBHadoop root
> 35 100 36 /var/run/hmc/clusters/EBHadoop/hosts.txt
> and my host.txt is like this(vbaby1.cloud.eb is the master node) :
> vbaby2.cloud.eb
> vbaby3.cloud.eb
> vbaby4.cloud.eb
> vbaby5.cloud.eb
> vbaby6.cloud.eb
> }
> Can anyone help me and tell me what i am doing wrong ?
> Thank you very much ~!
> This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and
may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are
mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.