From Hitesh Shah <hit...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Problem when setting up hadoop cluster step 2
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2012 14:56:23 GMT
For uninstall failures, you will need to do a couple of things. Depending on where the uninstall
failed, you may have to manually do a killall java on all the nodes to kill any missed processes.
If you want to start with a complete clean install, you should also delete the hadoop dir
in the mount points you selected during the previous install  so that the new fresh install
does not face errors when it tries to re-format hdfs.

After that, simply, uinstall and re-install ambari rpm and that should allow you to re-create
a fresh cluster.

-- Hitesh

On Aug 11, 2012, at 2:34 AM, xu peng wrote:

> Hi Hitesh :
>
> Thanks a lot for your reply.
>
> I solved this problem , it is silly mistake. Someone has changed the
> owner of "/" dir , and according to the errorlog , pdsh need root to
> proceed.
>
> After changing the owner of "/" to root , problem solved. Thank you
> again for you reply.
>
> I have another question. I had a uninstall failure , and there is no
> button on the website for me to rollback and i don't know what to do
> about that. What should i do now to reinstall hadoop ?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 10:55 PM, Hitesh Shah <hitesh@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Currently, the ambari installer requires everything to be run as root. It does not
detect that the user is not root and use sudo either on the master or on the agent nodes.
>> Furthermore, it seems like it is failing when trying to use pdsh to make remote calls
to the host list that you passed in due to the errors mentioned in your script. This could
be due to how it was installed but I am not sure.

>> Could you switch to become root and run any simple command on all hosts using pdsh?
If you want to reference exactly how ambari uses pdsh, you can look into /usr/share/hmc/php/frontend/commandUtils.php

>> thanks
>> -- Hitesh
>>
>> On Aug 9, 2012, at 9:04 PM, xu peng wrote:
>>
>>> According to the error log , is there something wrong with my account ?
>>>
>>> I installed all the dependency module and ambari with the user
>>> "ambari" instead of root. I added user "ambari" to /etc/sudofilers
>>> with no passwd.

does not have any special characters that may be creating problems for the parsing layer?

create a copy of it, edit to remove the logging re-directs to files and run the script manually
from command-line ( it takes in a hostname as the argument ) ? The output of that should show
you as to what is going wrong.

to see if there are any errors being logged which may shed more light on the issue.

names of all servers. And i submit this file on the website ,  but i still have the same problem.
I failed at the step of finding reachable nodes.

EBHadoop root

step 2
called hostdetail. Make sure it's the same file. You also mention a hosts.txt and host.txt.
You only need one file with the names of all servers.
, but i encounter a problem on step 2. I already set up the password-less ssh, and i creat
a hostdetail.txt file.
no matter how many times i submit the host.txt file on the website , and i really don't know
why.
EBHadoop root
only of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting
the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of
this message. Thank you.