From "Artem Ervits" <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject Re: Ambari 0.9 install won't start
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 11:59:51 GMT
Ok I did stop the firewall but I didn't touch SElinux this time. I will try that and look at
those logs. Which brings me to the next question. What are some of the most common logs to
look at for errors in general and question #2. I am pushing jdk update 26 to /var/run/hmc/downloads.
There is a 33 update available I believe. That didn't work for me when I was playing with
the 1.0 branch install. I'm concerned about security and prefer to install latest patches.
Please elaborate. Actually question #3. What is the reasoning behind having a project like
Ambari and then having a project like BigTop separately. I think merging the two makes a lot
of sense to me. The ease of install of BigTop with monitoring and ease of deployment of Ambari.

Thank you for the wonderful product!

Artem Ervits
Data Analyst
New York Presbyterian Hospital

----- Original Message -----
From: Hitesh Shah [mailto:hitesh@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 02:39 AM
To: ambari-user@incubator.apache.org <ambari-user@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Ambari 0.9 install won't start

Try doing an iptables stop or disable selinux if that is blocking something.

Anything in the httpd access or error logs?

-- Hitesh

On Aug 13, 2012, at 7:31 PM, Artem Ervits wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I did an install using HDP repo and 0.9 branch, the install went without any major issues.
The Ambari service started w/out any problems. However, the UI won't show, the browser window
just sits there blank. No error and no output. Any advice would be nice.

> This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and
may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are
mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.