From "Artem Ervits" <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject RE: Problem when setting up hadoop cluster step 2
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 14:16:17 GMT
the installer requires a hosts file which I believe you called hostdetail. Make sure it's the
same file. You also mention a hosts.txt and host.txt. You only need one file with the names
of all servers.

-----Original Message-----
From: xu peng [mailto:xupeng.bupt@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2012 2:02 AM
To: ambari-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Problem when setting up hadoop cluster step 2

Hi everyone :

I am trying to use ambari to set up a hadoop cluster , but i encounter a problem on step 2.
I already set up the password-less ssh, and i creat a hostdetail.txt file.

The problem is that i found the file
"/var/run/hmc/clusters/EBHadoop/hosts.txt" is empty , no matter how many times i submit the
host.txt file on the website , and i really don't know why.

{
Here is the log file : [2012:08:09
05:17:56][ERROR][sequentialScriptExecutor][sequentialScriptRunner.php:272][]:
Encountered total failure in transaction 100 while running cmd:
/usr/bin/php ./addNodes/findSshableNodes.php with args: EBHadoop root
35 100 36 /var/run/hmc/clusters/EBHadoop/hosts.txt

and my host.txt is like this(vbaby1.cloud.eb is the master node) :
vbaby2.cloud.eb
vbaby3.cloud.eb
vbaby4.cloud.eb
vbaby5.cloud.eb
vbaby6.cloud.eb
}

Can anyone help me and tell me what i am doing wrong ?

Thank you very much ~!

contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are
mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.