From Hitesh Shah <hit...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Problem when setting up hadoop cluster step 2
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2012 17:30:18 GMT
Yes - not using /dev/mapper/hdvg-rootlv was what I was planning to suggest.

It seems to me that you installed mod_passenger and/or ambari on vbaby1. Is this your new
ambari master?

Try doing this on vbaby1:

$puppet master --no-daemonize --debug

The above will create the cert required by the puppet master running in httpd. Kill the above
process ( it will run in the foreground ).

Now, try the httpd restart.

 ( Also, note that you should not need to do anything for ganglia start unless you are running
ganglia server on the same host as ambari. )

thanks
-- Hitesh

On Aug 19, 2012, at 6:03 AM, xu peng wrote:

> Hi Hitesh :
>
> It is me again.
>
> I figured out the previous problem by changing the mount point to a custom path.
>
> But i failed at the step of starting ganglia server.
>
> I run this command manualy on vbaby1 node , but failed . The other
> node successed.
> ([root@vbaby1 log]# service httpd start
> Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 37 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/puppetmaster.conf:
> SSLCertificateChainFile: file '/var/lib/puppet/ssl/ca/ca_crt.pem' does
> not exist or is empty
>                                                           [FAILED])
>
> Please refer to the error log.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM, xu peng <xupeng.bupt@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Hitesh :
>>
>> It is me again.
>>
>> I encountered another problem while deploying the service. And
>> according to the log , it seems like something went wrong when
>> executing command (Dependency Exec[mkdir -p
>> /dev/mapper/hdvg-rootlv/hadoop/hdfs/data] has failures: true) .
>>
>> Please refer to the attachment. It seems like all the rpm package
>> installed successfully , and i don't know where failed the dependency.
>>
>> Please help , thanks a lot.
>>
>> On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 8:08 AM, xu peng <xupeng.bupt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Hitesh :
>>>
>>> I use the default settings of the mount point , but it seems like this
>>> path is not a directory(/dev/mapper/hdvg-rootlv/), and i can not
>>> execute mkdir -p command on this path. And the hdvg-rootlv is a
>>> blocking file (bwrxwrxwrx) .  Is there something wrong ?

Most of the packages should be the same but same like hadoop-lzo were re-factored to work
correctly with respect to 32/64-bit installs on RHEL6.

datanode dirs are just dirs. From a performance point of view, you want each dir to be created
on a separate mount point to increase disk io bandwidth. This means that the mount points
that you select on the UI should allow directories to be created. If you have mounted certain
kind of filesystems which you do not wish to use for hadoop ( any tmpfs, nfs mounts etc ),
you should de-select them on the UI and/or use the custom mount point text box as appropriate.
The UI currently does not distinguish valid mount points and therefore it is up to the user
to select correctly.

code which require a modified repo. Unfortunately, I got delayed in modifying the documentation
to point to the new repo.

repo which will have the lzo packages.

and re-installing ambari agents.

and if the master was bootstrapped earlier, it would still be looking to match against old
certs.

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/man/cert.html )

:

is to make sure the cert for the master is recreated as we deleted it earlier.

do a service ambari start to bring up the UI.

issues you have come across and how you solved them. We can use that to create an FAQ for
other users.

 This is often

not running on them or they cannot communicate with the master. Trying doing a puppet kick
--ping to them from the master.

install $pre_installed_pkgs]/Exec[yum install $pre_installed_pkgs]/returns (err): change from
notrun to 0 failed: yum install -y hadoop hadoop-libhdfs hadoop-native hadoop-pipes hadoop-sbin
hadoop-lzo hadoop hadoop-libhdfs hadoop-native hadoop-pipes hadoop-sbin hadoop-lzo hdp_mon_dashboard
ganglia-gmond-3.2.0 gweb hdp_mon_ganglia_addons snappy snappy-devel returned 1 instead of
one of [0] at /etc/puppet/agent/modules/hdp/manifests/init.pp:265\"",

running the command manually and see what the error is.

server. But deploying
really  don't know why.

of  all the nodes in
vbaby3.cloud.eb is the

the log supplied by the
DeployingDetails.jpg is

do a couple of things. Depending on where the uninstall failed, you may have to manually do
a killall java on all the nodes to kill any missed processes. If you want to start with a
complete clean install, you should also delete the hadoop dir in the mount points you selected
during the previous install  so that the new fresh install does not face errors when it tries
to re-format hdfs.

ambari rpm and that should allow you to re-create a fresh cluster.

Someone has changed the
errorlog , pdsh need root to

, problem solved. Thank you

failure , and there is no
and i don't know what to do
hadoop ?

everything to be run as root. It does not detect that the user is not root and use sudo either
on the master or on the agent nodes.
failing when trying to use pdsh to make remote calls to the host list that you passed in due
to the errors mentioned in your script. This could be due to how it was installed but I am
not sure.

run any simple command on all hosts using pdsh? If you want to reference exactly how ambari
uses pdsh, you can look into /usr/share/hmc/php/frontend/commandUtils.php

wrote:

> [...]
is there something wrong with my account ?

module and ambari with the user
user "ambari" to /etc/sudofilers

in /var/log/hmc dir, but only 55.log file (55

:
"/usr/lib64/pdsh" insecure.
root, current uid, or pdsh executable owner
any pdsh modules

last txn mentioned is 100 so please look for the 100.log file.

PM, Hitesh Shah wrote:

> [...]
a look and get back to you.

at /var/log/hmc/hmc.txn.55.log and see if there are any errors in it?

8:00 PM, xu peng wrote:

> [...]
for your replying. I have done all your suggestions in my
, and the result is as below.

that the hosts.txt file is empty after i failed at
reachable nodes.
hostdetails file in win7 and redhat , it both
see the attachment, my hostdetails file)
the logging re-direct and run the .sh script .It seems
works well , it print the hostname in console and
(content  is "0") in the same dir. (Please see the
the result and my .sh script )
the hmc.log and error_log too. Hope this helps ~

2012 at 12:24 AM, Hitesh Shah <hitesh@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> [...]
you confirm that the hosts.txt file at /var/run/hmc/clusters/EBHadoop/hosts.txt is empty?

you ensure that the hostdetails file that you upload does not have any special characters
that may be creating problems for the parsing layer?

dir, there should be an ssh.sh script. Can you create a copy of it, edit to remove the logging
re-directs to files and run the script manually from command-line ( it takes in a hostname
as the argument ) ? The output of that should show you as to what is going wrong.

look at /var/log/hmc/hmc.log and httpd/error_log to see if there are any errors being logged
which may shed more light on the issue.

2012, at 9:11 AM, Artem Ervits wrote:

> [...]
file are you supplying in the step? Hostdetail.txt or hosts?

xupeng.bupt [mailto:xupeng.bupt@gmail.com]
Thursday, August 09, 2012 11:33 AM
Re: RE: Problem when setting up hadoop cluster step 2

you for your replying ~

only one hostdetail.txt file which contains the names of all servers. And i submit this file
on the website ,  but i still have the same problem. I failed at the step of finding reachable
nodes.

log is : "
total failure in transaction 100 while running cmd:
./addNodes/findSshableNodes.php with args: EBHadoop root
36 /var/run/hmc/clusters/EBHadoop/hosts.txt

hostdetail.txt file is :"
you very much ~

Artem Ervits
2012-08-09  22:16:53
ambari-user@incubator.apache.org
RE: Problem when setting up hadoop cluster step 2
requires a hosts file which I believe you called hostdetail. Make sure it's the same file.
You also mention a hosts.txt and host.txt. You only need one file with the names of all servers.
Message-----
xu peng [mailto:xupeng.bupt@gmail.com]
Thursday, August 09, 2012 2:02 AM
:
trying to use ambari to set up a hadoop cluster , but i encounter a problem on step 2. I already
set up the password-less ssh, and i creat a hostdetail.txt file.
is that i found the file
is empty , no matter how many times i submit the host.txt file on the website , and i really
don't know why.
is the log file : [2012:08:09
total failure in transaction 100 while running cmd:
./addNodes/findSshableNodes.php with args: EBHadoop root
36 /var/run/hmc/clusters/EBHadoop/hosts.txt
host.txt is like this(vbaby1.cloud.eb is the master node) :
help me and tell me what i am doing wrong ?
you very much ~!
electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain
information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are not the
named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail
address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.