From "Artem Ervits" <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject RE: Ambari install issues
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 18:59:55 GMT
Jira AMBARI-663 filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-663, my first jira, if I
did anything out of ordinary, please let me know.

-----Original Message-----
From: Artem Ervits [mailto:are9004@nyp.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2012 2:41 PM
To: ambari-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Ambari install issues

The answer was actually on the install page, just a bit below, I should've read further:

Ambari has several external runtime dependencies. Major dependencies are:

1) puppet

2) php

3) ruby

To simplify the installation of the dependencies, you should enable the following yum repos.
To do that, you can simply install the corresponding RPMs.

1) EPEL repo

2) Puppet Passenger

3) Hadoop repo

You should run the following at the command line on Ambari master:

$ sudo rpm -Uvh http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/x86_64/epel-release-5-4.noarch.rpm
OR
$ sudo rpm -Uvh http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/i386/epel-release-5-4.noarch.rpm

$ sudo rpm -Uvh http://passenger.stealthymonkeys.com/rhel/5/passenger-release.noarch.rpm