From "Artem Ervits" <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject Ambari install issues
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 16:45:35 GMT
Hello users,

I'm new to Ambari, CentOS and puppet so please be patient with me. I am doing the install
on a Centos 6.3 vm and am running into some issues. I am following the install guide from

http://incubator.apache.org/ambari/install.html

When I run the following step:
2) Install ambari-agent-1.0.0-1.noarch.rpm on each of the cluster nodes by running:
$ sudo rpm -Uvh ambari-agent-1.0.0-1.noarch.rpm

I get error: Failed dependencies:
       Puppet = 2.7.9 is needed by ambari agent.

I'm installing everything on one VM and it is CentOS 6.3, I know the support is for Version
5.*, could that be it, that right now it does not support 6.* and won't install for any reason?

Thank you.

Artem Ervits
Data Analyst
New York Presbyterian Hospital

contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are
mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.