From "Artem Ervits" <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject Ambari initialize cluster step 2 issue
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 19:09:39 GMT
Hello all, I'm trying to install a Hadoop cluster with Ambari on one VM and two additional
nodes that will serve as a hadoop cluster. On step 2, where it says to add nodes, I select
the id_rsa.pub file for the user I'm running the install with, let's call it hduser. I already
copied the ssh keys to all machines and setup passwordless ssh to each and all machines. I
also select /etc/hosts file that has all three VMs. When I hit next, it fails for some or
all of the machines. I then created another file called hosts, containing the names of only
two machines participating in a hadoop cluster, excluding the Ambari server. The add nodes
step fails again due to permission denied again. It does, still include my Ambari server as
the 3rd server to install hadoop on. Is there anything that I'm doing wrong?

Thank you.

contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are
mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.