From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache Ambari as an Apache Top Level Project
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 00:18:53 GMT
I'd like to start a discussion around graduating Apache Ambari from Incubator.

* Apache Ambari has been incubating since Aug 2011.
* We have made significant progress with the project during the two
years of Incubation, producing 6 releases.
* We currently have 31 committers listed on our team page [1].  24
committers have been added under incubation, and the number of
committers is constantly growing (added 8 committers in the last 60
days).
* We have been actively developing in the open and have an
open/diverse/growing community of developers and users.

I believe we have demonstrated that Apache Ambari is a viable open
source project that is ready for graduation.

What do you all think?

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/ambari/team-list.html

Yusaku

--