From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Obtaining hadoop lib dir location
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 17:33:13 GMT
Hi Jon

You might be approaching this in the wrong way. Why not install the jar wherever you need
to and then update the appropriate hadoop configs to ensure that the jar is pulled into the
classpath of the appropriate component?

-- Hitesh

On Sep 4, 2013, at 8:21 AM, Jon Maron wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I have a need to programmatically add a jar to the hadoop lib directory prior to the
start of the hadoop services on the cluster hosts (In other words, prior to invoking the REST
URI to transition the cluster services to START).  I am trying to figure out whether there
is a REST query I can execute to obtain a property value that would tell me where that lib
directory is located or would allow me to infer the location.  Any thoughts?