From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: HDP Cluster scaling
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 21:30:02 GMT
1)  Is it the ideal approach?  Is there a more direct way of interacting
with ambari to provision a new host?

The steps you have is the ideal approach. Alternatively, there is
bootstrap API but it will also require Ambari to have SSH access. Even
then the number of steps will not be smaller.

  2)  I am having an issue with the final step.  During the invocation I
get the following error:

You are right. The client components do not transition to STARTED. So you
need to only issue INSTALLED-->STARTED for the non client components.

-Sumit

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE