From Arpit Gupta <ar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Supporting Ubuntu 12.04 server
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 17:23:58 GMT
Hi Andrew

Yes i started working on this earlier this year but then got side tracked
with other work. I am planning to start working on this over the coming
weeks. My plan was to get the python scripts to start/stop ambari services
work on Ubuntu and then work on making changes to puppet scripts as needed.
Once the code was in a working condition then i would have moved on getting
the packaging for ambari to work on Ubuntu.

I am hoping to update the AMBARI-1241 to work on trunk over the weekend.

Maybe other ambari dev's can chime in as to where else they think we will
need to make changes to get it running on Ubuntu.

Arpit