From Andrew Hart <ah...@apache.org>
Subject Supporting Ubuntu 12.04 server
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 05:10:40 GMT
Hey Arpit,

I'm new to Ambari, and am interested in learning more about the
possibility of support for Ubuntu 12.04 server.

I have looked at AMBARI-1241 [1], as well as the discussion and patches
on AMBARI-1369 [2], and am excited to see that there's been a good deal
of progress and thought put into this already.  The patches seem to have
grown stale, however, and no longer correctly apply to the latest trunk.
I spoke to Mahadev briefly on IRC tonight and he suggested reaching out.

So, basically, I'd love to get your opinion of what is still necessary
before Ambari will run on Ubuntu 12.04. I'm also happy to help out
wherever.

Thanks very much for your time,

Best,

Andrew.