From Aaron Cody <ac...@keywcorp.com>
Subject need help with adding service to stack
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 22:51:43 GMT
I have a service FOO that is packaged in foo-1.0.rpm

I put my rpm up on my yum server and verified that 'yum install foo-1.0' works ok.

I want to add it to the Ambari stack. I have been trying to follow the notes at :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Adding+a+New+Service+as+part+of+the+Stack+Definition

I added a reference to my repo to ambari.repo like so:

[My-Ambari-Services]
name=My Ambari Services
baseurl=http://yum.mycompany.com/yum_repo/ambari
gpgcheck=0
enabled=1

I added the new service alongside the existing ones in the source code:
+repos
+repoinfo.xml
+services
…
+ FOO
+metainfo.xml
+configuration
+configuration.xml

But I need some clarification on the tags in repoinfo.xml. So far I have:

<baseurl>http://yum.mycompany.com/yum_repo/ambari</baseurl>
<repoid>My-AmbariServices</repoid>
<reponame>??????????</reponame>      <---- what is this????

I guess I'm not understanding where you tell ambari that service FOO lives in foo-1.0.rpm
…?

TIA