From Billie Rinaldi <billie.rina...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding Accumulo to Ambari
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 23:53:49 GMT
Andres,

You will create a patch and attach it to the appropriate ticket.  We will
review the patch, giving you feedback and probably requesting revisions,
and you keep making new patches and adding them to the ticket until the
community is happy.  At that point, a committer will commit the patch for
you.

A patch can contain an entire new sub-tree.  If you use svn, "svn status"
shows you the files that have changed in the current directory.  Ones that
are entirely new have a question mark next to them.  To add them to the
patch, use "svn add <fileOrDirectory>".  If you add a directory it
recursively adds all the files in the directory.  To create the patch, use
for example "svn diff > AMBARI-1930-1.patch", then after a first round of
revisions, "svn diff > AMBARI-1930-2.patch".  The one-up numbering isn't
strictly necessary, but it makes it easier to see what is the most recent
patch that needs to be reviewed.

If you want to use git instead, the commands are slightly different.  I can
help you with those as well, if you'd prefer.

Billie