From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Some questions about Ambari
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 07:25:26 GMT
Hi Andy,

It's better to ask questions on the user/dev mailing list than the Meetup
user group as these are watched more closely and by more people.

Currently Ambari does not support taking over an existing Hadoop cluster to
monitor/manage it.
Others have expressed interest in the same scenario as well, so supporting
this use case is on Ambari's roadmap:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Roadmap (listed as
"cluster take over").

If you are looking to do this in the short term, it could be a bit of a
challenge and your company's requirement of running Hadoop 1.1.1
complicates things further.
Even if you could hack your way through and get it to work, you may run
into issues and have trouble upgrading Ambari in the future.

Yusaku