From Mahadev Konar <maha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: quick meetup on irc chat
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 03:12:10 GMT
Hi Sandeep,
 As for the irc chat meetup, usually you will see folks from 9:00 to
5:00 pacific time. Most of the active developers are in the east coast
as of now. You can feel free to ping myself on anyone else on IRC. We
can think about setting up a particular time on the IRC as well if
that does not work.

As for the questions below, I've tried to answer the ones I can as of now:

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 3:24 PM, Sandeep Baldawa
<sandeepbaldawa@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> - A quick run through where the scripts for backend functionality reside
> and what they do.
the scripts are mostly in ambari-agent/src/main/puppet

> - Sandbox methodology for Ambari builds.
Not sure what this means. Can you elaborate?

> - Quick discussion on unit and functional tests.
Unit tests can be run via mvn test. Right now there are no functional
tests in the code base.

> - Environment recommended for doing testing, before submitting code for
> review.
Mostly the dev environment on the cwiki.

> - Ambari code building good practices eg:- If I change just the agent code,
> do I have to still rebuild the whole code base or maybe not?

Not really. Server code and agent code are separate builds combined by
the top level pom files.

> If there are other newbies like me, perhaps they could also join, please
> advice if this would be possible and at what time.

Again, feel free to jump in on IRC and ping specific folks if you want to.

> Best,
> Sandeep

thanks
mahadev