From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: remove hosts ?
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 04:37:03 GMT
Hi Peicheng,

"deleteComponents" is for removing components from existing services, so
it's not really related to removing a host.
For removing hosts, you are looking at the ability to remove "host
components".
A host component is a service component assigned to a specific host (e.g.,
DataNode on host A).
Removing host components has been implemented in trunk
(org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariManagementControllerImpl::deleteHostComponents).

Once all host components are removed, deleteHosts would be used to delete
the hosts from a cluster (or perhaps deleteHosts can do a cascade delete of
all existing host components on specified hosts).

As you pointed out, deleteHosts method has not been implemented.
Would you be interested in implementing that feature?