From Mahadev Konar <maha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: failed services debugging
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 15:59:34 GMT
Su,
 There are rest calls implemented for seeing the issues. If its during
the install you are seeing issues you can check for all the logs by
calling this api:

http://<ambari-server>:8080/api/v1/clusters/<clustername>/requests/<id>?fields=tasks/*

where id can be 1/2/3/4..... depending on how many times you tried the
install/start.

This should give you the logs for why the installation failed. If you
want to open a jira for this, and upload the snapshot of what state
your install is in, we can track it on the jira and also will be
helpful to debug.

thanks
mahadev