From Mahadev Konar <maha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Create a new cluster on the same hardware
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2013 00:42:27 GMT
Hi Subin,
   You should stop all the services before you stop the agents. Also if you
planning to automate this, you might want to try out the management API's
(please beware that these are not stable and will only be published for
integration with 1.3.0):

curl -u admin:admin -i -X PUT -d '{"ServiceInfo": {"state": "INSTALLED"}}'
http://<ambari-server>:8080/api/v1/clusters/<clustername>/services

For the rpm's you can probably create a list using rpm -qa diff after and
before the install. You should be able to pre install them to speed things
up.

thanks
mahadev