From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: question on the persist request from UI
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 14:32:51 GMT
Hi Subin,

The "persist" call is mostly used for the Amarbi Web UI to remember
client-side application state (which is inherently transient) on the
server as a checkpointing mechanism; in other words, it is used a
persistent key-value store for Ambari Web.
>From Ambari Web's perspective, it doesn't really make sense to break
it up into multiple calls because it unnecessary complicates things
and introduces chances of partial failure.

Yusaku

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 10:45 PM, Modeel, Subin <subin.modeel@hp.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I can see a POST request with a large payload [ POST http://localhost:8080/api/v1/persist/
]
> Is there a way I can break this payload into multiple smaller payloads and send multiple
POST request?