From Mahadev Konar <maha...@apache.org>
Subject Incubator Report for Feb 6th.
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 08:03:44 GMT
Hi folks,
 We need to send out Ambari Incubator Report. Here's what I have.
Please feel free to add.

Ambari

Ambari is monitoring, administration and lifecycle management project
for Apache Hadoop clusters.

  - Incubating since 30 August 2011.
  -  Release 1.2.0 done (need to push it out - should be done before
the weekend).
  - Preparing for 1.2.1 release expected to be in the next week or so.
  -  new committers have been added
    Jaimin Jetley, John Speidel, Tom Beerbower, Srimanth
  - We are hoping to do some meetups to get more user/dev engagement.
This expected to happen in the next month or so.

Issues that must be addressed before graduation are:

  - Making a release
  - Attracting users and developers
  - Increase diversity of developers outside of Hortonworks

thanks
mahadev