incubator-ambari-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mahadev Konar <maha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Incubator Board Report Due Nov 7th.
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 00:28:47 GMT
Thanks for the feedback.

Here finalized board report that I submitted to:
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/November2012


Ambari

Ambari is monitoring, administration and lifecycle management project
for Apache Hadoop clusters.

- Incubating since 30 August 2011.
- Ambari 0.9 released.
- Working towards the next release - target date sometime in end
Nov/early December
- One new PPMC member added - Yusaku Sako
- AMBARI-666 branch created to allow a more flexible architecture -
goal is to merge it to trunk for the next release
- More than 270 jiras have been fixed on AMBARI-666
- Number of users on the list - 85
- Number of devs on the list - 67

Issues that must be addressed before graduation are:

  - Making a release
  - Attracting users and developers
  - Increase diversity of developers outside of Hortonworks


thanks
mahadev

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 7:59 AM, Devaraj Das <ddas@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Agree with Jitendra's and Owen's comments. Looks fine to me otherwise.
>
> On Nov 6, 2012, at 9:15 PM, Jitendra Pandey <jitendra@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> Do you want to add that Yusaku has been voted in for PPMC?
>>
>> +1 otherwise.
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Mahadev Konar <mahadev@hortonworks.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>> We need to send in our incubator report - here's what I have. Please
>>> let me know if you have any other changes you want to mention.
>>>
>>>
>>> Ambari
>>>
>>> Ambari is monitoring, administration and lifecycle management project
>>> for Apache Hadoop clusters.
>>>
>>> - Incubating since 30 August 2011.
>>> - Ambari 0.9 released.
>>> - Working towards the next release - target date sometime in end
>>> Nov/early December
>>> - AMBARI-666 branch created to allow a more flexible architecture -
>>> goal is to merge it to trunk for the next release
>>> - More than 270 jiras have been fixed on AMBARI-666
>>>
>>> Issues that must be addressed before graduation are:
>>>
>>>  - Making a release
>>>  - Attracting users and developers
>>>  - Increase diversity of developers outside of Hortonworks
>>> ================
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> mahadev
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> <http://hortonworks.com/download/>

Mime
View raw message