From Mahadev Konar <maha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Incubator Board Report for Sep 5th.
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 19:12:58 GMT
Hi folks,
 Circulating this again. Here is an updated board report for Sep 5th.
Please take a look and see if I missed something:

Ambari

Ambari is monitoring, administration and lifecycle management project
for Apache Hadoop clusters.

  - Incubating since 30 August 2011.
  - ambari-186 merged to trunk
  - trunk had roughly 400 commits since last board report
  - branch 0.9 has been created to do a release.
  -  a release vote is currently underway. We hope to be able to
release in a week or 2.
  - 8 new committers have been contributing steadily since April
(Vikram Dixit, Mahadev, Yusaku, Hitesh, Jitendra, Ramya, Vinod, Varun)
  - 4 new Ambari PPMC members added - Mahadev, Ramya, Jitendra and Hitesh
  - new branch ambari-666 created for refactoring to make the
architecture more robust and flexible for adding more features in the
long run.

Issues that must be addressed before graduation are:

  - Making a release
  - Attracting users and developers
  - Increase diversity of developers outside of Hortonworks

thanks
mahadev