From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Ambari 0.9-incubating RC0
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 21:52:07 GMT

Checked the signatures, look good.

LICENSE, README, NOTICE all look fine.

One issue with license headers. Ran RAT:
- java -jar ~/Workspace/eclipse-workspace/apache-rat-0.8/apache-rat-0.8.jar -d hmc/ -E ./rat-excludes.txt
- java -jar ~/Workspace/eclipse-workspace/apache-rat-0.8/apache-rat-0.8.jar -d docs/ -E ./rat-excludes.txt

Found these warning, we need to fix them:
- docs/src/site/apt/install.apt
- Add the following to exclude list:
   --  hmc/puppet/modules/hdp-dashboard/templates/cluster_configuration.json.erb
   --  hmc/puppet/modules/hdp-hadoop/templates/slaves.erb
   --  hmc/puppet/modules/hdp-zookeeper/templates/configuration.xsl.erb

Thanks,
+Vinod

On Jul 4, 2012, at 3:15 PM, Vikram Dixit wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have created a ambari-0.9-incubating-rc0 release candidate. This work is a complete
re-write of the earlier code and warranted a big jump in the version number. Also, we are
close enough to a 1.0 and should be able to make a 1.0 release soon. However, given that the
current trunk is very usable and supports a number of features, we have the 0.9 as a stable
playing ground before 1.0. The following artifacts up for a vote: