From Mahadev Konar <maha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Cluster blue print concept
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 19:04:42 GMT
Thanks Devaraj.

mahadev

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Devaraj Das <ddas@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> The attachment didn't go thru. Just checkout the trunk rev 1176156 [svn co  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ambari@1176156]
and then look at trunk/examples directory..

> On Jul 9, 2012, at 10:39 PM, Devaraj Das wrote:
>
>> For the uninitiated, here is what I remember about blueprint:
>> Blueprint was a concept for describing cluster configurations (including repositories,
stack definitions and individual component configurations). Blueprints would be versioned,
and, one could inherit from a blueprint, etc. to define/override properties. For example,
Ambari could ship with a default blueprint which defines config values/properties that are
appropriate to the best of the Ambari developer's knowledge. In the production site, one could
inherit that blueprint and only override certain properties with site specific values.
>> Attached a sample blueprint json file that inherits from another blueprint, and selectively
overrides a property in the namenode config..