From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any issues for 0.9
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 03:56:37 GMT
Hi Vikram,

Thanks for the JSON information.  For tagging, it is recommended to do
ambari-0.9.0-rc0, then rename it to ambari-0.9.0 when vote has passed.
 It is safer than remembering revision number in email thread.

regards,
Eric

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 4:48 PM, Vikram Dixit <vikram@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> With regard to JSON, I see this
>
> http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#json
>
> Please let me know if anything needs to be done.
>
> I will generate a tag as well when I create the new release candidate.
>
> Thanks
> Vikram.
>
> On Jul 12, 2012, at 3:24 PM, Eric Yang wrote:
>
>> Hi Hitesh,
>>
>> Two issues:
>>
>> There is no tag for the voting rc.
>> You can not include JSON.org json library.  The license term "The
>> Software shall be used for Good, not Evil."  The license is too good
>> for Apache.
>>
>> regards,
>> Eric
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Hitesh Shah <hitesh@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>> Patch uploaded and committed to trunk for AMBARI-632.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> -- Hitesh

more issues that are either blockers or you think should be a part of branch 0.9. I will publish
a new release candidate in a few hours.