From Vikram Dixit <vik...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Current State of Trunk
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 18:38:58 GMT
Hi Deniz,

Sorry about the belated reply. We have updated the README.txt to get things started. We can
add more documentation as things progress.

Trunk is not in a usable state right now and as mentioned, we hope this branch becomes the
new trunk.

Thanks
Vikram.

On Jun 7, 2012, at 9:00 PM, Deniz Demir wrote:

> Hi Vikram,
>
> Thank you very much for your response. I am looking forward to its release. Is there
any design documents for Ambari-186?

> By the way, is the code in trunk usable right now? I mean, does it work?
>
> Best,
> Deniz
>

> On Jun 7, 2012, at 6:04 PM, Vikram Dixit wrote:
>
>> Hi Deniz,
>>
>> Your observation is right. Ambari-186 is completely different from trunk. Hopefully
it will replace it.

>> Regardless, I am of the opinion that this tree should be ready for consumption in
2-3 weeks. We are currently stabilizing this code base.

>> Thank you for your interest.
>>
>> Regards
>> Vikram.
>>
>> On Jun 7, 2012, at 5:47 PM, Deniz Demir wrote:
>>
>>> I am still hoping a response to the following questions. I am also curious for
the time table for the first release.

>>> Thanks,

Do you mean it will replace what is currently in trunk? Or does it work with or on top of
trunk code?