From Scott Deboy <scott.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ALOIS on clients
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 23:55:37 GMT
I think this is a good place for me to provide a little guidance as
mentor...

First off, please submit any feature suggestions to Jira.

Secondly, I understand most if not all of the ALOIS team is on Marcus'
payroll.  Marcus, feel free to direct project resources to the priorities
you feel benefit your organization the most.

However, ASF projects don't have a benevolent dictator determining project
direction.  The project direction is determined by the team.

For ALOIS to leave the incubator, other developers will need to join the
project as committers.  Those committers will have the freedom to contribute
in any way they feel is appropriate, and those committers won't show up (or
stay around) unless they feel they can have an impact in project direction
that is proportionate to the contributions they make to the project.

Scott