From Flavio Pellanda <flavio.pella...@logintas.ch>
Subject Re: ALOIS on clients
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2010 10:29:35 GMT
Hi,

Yes, a goo idea.

By the way, ALOIS can currently not produce realtime alarms.
But if it could, ALOIS could produce more than alarms. ALOIS
could execute other software based on client logs or other
state information.

E.g. a Ubuntu installation in a police car:
 * If the car can log to syslog: Locking the display when the car get locked
 * Opening a window on incoming calls
 * Initiate a browser window from the head office
 * ...

Cheers, Flavio

But this would also imply a secure syslog channel.