From Flavio Pellanda <flavio.pella...@logintas.ch>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for November 2010 (alois-dev@incubator.apache.org)
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 09:32:18 GMT
Hi,

> 1. Can you elaborate on the mailing list (and provide a quick explanation
> in the wiki) on the libisi rubygems release? I assume this is a project
> dependency...will that be released as a part of ALOIS?  How is it
> licensed, etc?
Libisi is a small library to help programming ruby scripts. In ALOIS It is
used for logging and some userinteraction stuff like passwordprompt, progresbar
or asking the user a question.

Libisi is released as GPLv3 and is not part of ALOIS. Logintas uses this
library to keep recurrent tasks/functions at one place. The second goal, that
libisi solves, is that we can use one library (one interface), that supports
multiple implementations of common tasks.

E.g. a interface to interact with the user that supports console password
prompt and progress bar, but can also use KDE dialogboxes and progressbars.

Or let us generate simple documents for html, wiki or text with one codebase.

Package short description:
 Library for easy and fast shell script developing.
 * Optparse
 * Logging: log4r
 * UI: console, kde, X
 * Progressbars: console, kde
 * Charts: jfreecharts
 * Bridges: java, python
 * DocRender: html, wiki, text
 * DataAccess: activerecord, ldap

> 2. The 'next steps todo' is great to have in the report, but I want to make
> sure we follow the podling report template and provide responses to these
> requests:
>
> A list of the three most important issues to address in the move towards
> graduation.
Aren't the "Next steps todo" these important issues? What are you missing?

> Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be aware
> of
I think we're on the way. On Monday we (Urs, Marcus and myself) will discuss a
roadmap for ALOIS. I will post results here on the mailinglist.

> How has the community developed since the last report
> How has the project developed since the last report.
>
> Obviously, the last two don't really apply in this report, but we could add
> them and put 'N/A', just for completeness.
Yes, nothing done yet.

I see that you already signed off the report, probably I should not change it
anymore, should I? I will include your point in next report. Is that ok?

Cheers Flavio