From Urs Lerch <m...@ulerch.net>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for November 2010 (alois-dev@incubator.apache.org)
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2010 02:56:24 GMT
Hi

As far as I have seen, the third-party depencies of Ruby and RubyOnRails
are no problem. And I would say these two would have been dealbreakers.

JFreeChart should be replaced. I don't think that this is critical,
although a good piece of work. Scott, did I get you right, that this
library can be used as long as we are in the incubator? This would give
us some extra time to do the necessary work.

For libisi: I would say changing the licence from LGPL to ASL is not
possible due to incompatibility of the licences of used third-party
software. Flavio, what does it mean, when you say libisi "is not part of
ALOIS"? Can ALOIS be build and run without this tool? If so, we
shouldn't have a problem.

In summary, I would say that we have do not have a severe licence
problem, but still a lot of work to do to rectify this.

Best
Urs