From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Apache Project Branding Requirements
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:49:10 GMT
Hello,
here are some new branding requirements we need to consider.
Cheers,
Christian

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Phil Steitz <phil@steitz.com>
Date: Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 8:43 PM
Subject: Apache Project Branding Requirements
To: Commons Developers List <dev@commons.apache.org>

With Shane's permission, I am forwarding this so we can all join in the fun :)
..

Dear PMCs:

To better showcase our projects and the "community of developers and
users" that all Apache projects belong to, please plan to implement
the  new Apache Project Branding Requirements that the ASF Brand
Management  team has published.

 http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs

Since some of these requirements for project websites are new, and
many  may not been clearly documented, it's expected that it may take
time for projects to update their public presence to reflect the
requirements. We certainly don't want to mandate technical
requirements to projects, but we do believe that having some
consistent elements and proper treatment of trademarks across all of
our project's sites is important.

<snip> Reporting instructions for PMC chair </snip>

or suggestions (please do not reply-all, since that may include a lot
of  different pmcs@!)

<snip> Stuff on DOAP (already done for us) </snip>

- Shane Curcuru
VP, Brand Management, The Apache Software Foundation
   http://www.apache.org/foundation/
   bcc: board@