From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Podling report
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 09:06:31 GMT
> First of all, thanks for your engagement!

No problem :-)

> I added our first Report to http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/October2010,
> please tell me if more information is needed.

You should add that we have enabled the mailinglists and JIRA already.

> * How can I modify http://incubator.apache.org/projects/alois.html?
> (Emailadresses of mailinglists are misspelled)

This is bein done by your mentors.
I found the error and will fix it tomorrow morning (or Scott, if he is
quicker :-))

> * I could not find a page that describes real requirements for the sourcecode
> to work in apache environement. (E.g. what licensing header is needed, how
> should test cases run and what is required for automatic builds?)

Except with licensing header its up to the project what infra they choose.

Licenses:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/licence-FAQ.html
http://www.apache.org/dev/

Basically the license needs to be in every sourcefile.

About unittesting and cruise control - decide yourself what your
project standard is. Apache is offering several build machines like
buildbot, i think cruisecontrol and gump. You can discuss pros and
cons on your project mailinglists or ask infrastructure@a.o when its
going to be more concrete.

> * How do I get a user account for uploading sourcecode?

Once you CLA has arrived and is listet here:
http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html#unlistedclas
your mentors will request an Apache account for you (and your team)
After that you have access to your svn repository and webspace.

> Possibly I searched the wrong places, probably a quick link list for beginners
> could help. ;-)

No problem - mentors are here to guide you.
Here is more info:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html
http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html

Let me know if any more questions.