From "Marcus Holthaus (IMSEC)" <Marcus.Holth...@imsec.ch>
Subject Re: website, logo and brand
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2010 15:32:02 GMT
Hi all

Am 21.10.2010 16:55, schrieb Flavio Pellanda:
> Hi,
>
>> Is there anyone who wants to set up the Alois website? If not so, I
>> would like to do it. Furthermore, I think it is best to start it small
>> and neat.
> Ok, good.
Good for me, too. Is this about content or about design or both? Contentwise,
Urs is the right guy. Designwise, I don't know - surprise me!

>> Is there already a logo for Alois? Are there any ideas? Please come up
>> with as much drafts as you can manage. So we could choose from a variety
>> of ideas.
> there is no logo  yet. Some years ago, Marcus wanted to make a picture with a
> detective on it, or something similar. However I cannot help, I never managed
> to create a logo that looked good.

Yup, that's correct (the part about the detective). I know someone who might
want to do it. What requirements do we have? Size, Colors, Trademaking,
inclusion of any part of a feather ro the like? Can I reasonably hand that to
someone who does not have a clue about the program? And considering I will
probably have to pay for it (the guy would be a subcontractor of our company)
I would really like to go into the ordering process with a bunch of ideas
before asking him anything peculiar.

Here's my idea: a frontal picture of a detective with a magnification glass in
his hand, turned toward the spectator. His eye magnified through the fglass.
The picutre detailed enough to allow for the detection of an english classic
trenchcoat, maybe a monocle dangling on a chain from his pocket. The face
unlike the depiction of any famous TV or Movie character, but maybe not much
of it is visible anyway. I imagine the guy to have long white hair falling
below the height of his shoulders. All in all a decent appereance. No beard,
or maybe a small one (like they had in England a hundred years ago). The word
"Apache" above the picture, an "ALOIS" below. Maybe a frame and maybe the
words inside the frame. All of it in a two- or three-color style, with the
main color something between dark yellow and brown, maybe one darker and one
lighter tone. This would be the main color theme for ALOIS, then.

By the way: Do we need a CSS theme or the like? Where would that be applied?
And where does the feather go?

Cheers

-- Marcus