From Urs Lerch <m...@ulerch.net>
Subject Re: website, logo and brand
Date Sun, 24 Oct 2010 15:18:53 GMT
Hi,

Generally spoken I think it is a good idea to let design work be done by
a professional designer. Making a contract, please make sure that the
licence is APL compatible.

As far as I have seen there are no special requirements for the logo. If
we use the Apache feather, then we have the foundation to accept the
logo.

Please pay attention that the logo is not overloaded. Maybe a few
examples are helpful (thus, no rating from my side):

  http://incubator.apache.org/aries/
  http://incubator.apache.org/chemistry/
  http://incubator.apache.org/chukwa/
  http://incubator.apache.org/droids/
  http://incubator.apache.org/empire-db/
  http://incubator.apache.org/etch/
  http://incubator.apache.org/hama/
  http://incubator.apache.org/wink/
  http://incubator.apache.org/zetacomponents/

The CSS theme should match the logo. So maybe the designer could can
deliver a first version.

Best
Urs

Am Donnerstag, den 21.10.2010, 17:32 +0200 schrieb Marcus Holthaus
(IMSEC):