incubator-allura-users mailing list archives

From Tim Van Steenburgh <tvansteenbu...@geek.net>
Subject Re: Linking commits and tickets
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 13:22:56 GMT
Hi Rick,

You can link to a ticket from a commit message (or any markdown-parsed text) with a link like:
[#1234] (where 1234 is the ticket number).

Most artifacts, if linked to, will automatically link back to the referrer. Commit messages
are an exception (at the moment - this will be fixed eventually). So, when you link to something
(a ticket, for example) from a commit message, that ticket will not automatically link back
to the commit. But, you can link to the commit manually with:

[b58f38] (first 6 chars of git or hg commit hash), or
[r32] (svn revision number)

HTH,

--
Tim Van Steenburgh

On Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> The Wiki lists being able to link commits and tickets together, but I've not found anything
that describes how to enable/use this feature.  Is this something that happens automatically,
or do you just use markdown to include links to the ticket item in the commit comments?

--
====