incubator-allura-users mailing list archives

From Tim Van Steenburgh <tvansteenbu...@geek.net>
Subject Re: Linking commits and tickets
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 13:55:56 GMT
In that case you can preface the ticket number with the tool "mount point" (the name of the
tool as displayed in the url path). So for example:

[bugs:#1]
[features:#1]

You can even link to artifacts in other projects by prepending the project name:

[allura:tickets:#1]

I guess we need to document this better or something. :)

--
Tim Van Steenburgh

On Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Tim Van Steenburgh <tvansteenburgh@geek.net (mailto:tvansteenburgh@geek.net)>
wrote:
> > Hi Rick,
> >
> > You can link to a ticket from a commit message (or any markdown-parsed text) with
a link like: [#1234] (where 1234 is the ticket number).

> How does this work when the project has multiple trackers set up?  For example, we have
one tracker system for Bugs and a separate one for Feature Requests (this is a migrated sourceforge
project).  Using, for example, [#1] is ambiguous, since there are #1 tickets in two different
trackers.

> Rick
>

> > Most artifacts, if linked to, will automatically link back to the referrer. Commit
messages are an exception (at the moment - this will be fixed eventually). So, when you link
to something (a ticket, for example) from a commit message, that ticket will not automatically
link back to the commit. But, you can link to the commit manually with:

> > [b58f38] (first 6 chars of git or hg commit hash), or
> > [r32] (svn revision number)
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > --
> > Tim Van Steenburgh
> >

> > On Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:
> >
> > > The Wiki lists being able to link commits and tickets together, but I've not
found anything that describes how to enable/use this feature.  Is this something that happens
automatically, or do you just use markdown to include links to the ticket item in the commit
comments?

> > > Rick
> >

> > ====
> > This e- mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s)
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify
the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) from your
system. Thank you.

--
====