From Tim Van Steenburgh <tvansteenbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pre-graduation action items
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2014 19:10:08 GMT
On Friday, March 14, 2014 at 12:57 AM, Dave Brondsema wrote:
> The incubator-general list has pointed out several areas where we should
> improve our online presence. I will be traveling tomorrow - could folks
> jump in and help make these adjustments ASAP? (If we can complete them
> soon and get a green light to put graduation on the Board's Wednesday
> agenda, then we'll be in a very good position for Wayne and me when
> presenting Allura at ApacheCon in a few weeks).
>
> See http://markmail.org/message/rghh5epojmgplb2e for my response where I
> mention all the things I think we can & should change. Can we make all
> those changes, and then respond on that thread when complete?
>
> For our doc hosting, I was thinking we could just configure apache on
> forge-allura.a.o to serve /p/allura/docs from a static directory instead
> of sending it through to the allura webapp.

Done. I left the /p/allura/docs Link tool installed, but repointed it to /docs, which is served
statically.
> Automated publishing of our
> docs is currently on a SourceForge-internal jenkins job. We should
> remove that, and set up the current/old docs location to redirect to the
> new.

Done. Disabled SF jenkins allura-docs build and installed an .htaccess redirect from allura.sourceforge.net/docs
to forge-allura.a.o/p/allura/docs.
> If time allows automated publishing for the new location could be
> done as part of the deploy.sh (http://deploy.sh) cron job on forge-allura, but that's
> secondary to actually just moving the docs.

Done. `deploy.sh` has been updated to build and deploy docs when new commits are pushed.