From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Discuss: Ready to graduate?
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2014 15:22:48 GMT
On 2/28/14 10:04 AM, Dave Brondsema wrote:
> On 2/27/14 7:40 PM, Wayne Witzel III wrote:
>> I think it is a great idea. +1
>>

> There are two documents that explain graduation readiness and policies.  Guide:
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#requirements   Official
> Policy:
> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Graduating+from+the+Incubator
>
> I think we're all set from the legal side (code grants, license, dependencies,
> etc).  We've made two successful releases.  For meritocracy/community I must be
> forthright and say that we are not in as good a situation as I would like, but
> perhaps it is solid enough for graduation:
>
> "The project is not highly dependent on any single contributor (there are at
> least 3 legally independent committers and there is no single company or entity
> that is vital to the success of the project)"
>
> The vast majority of development has been from SourceForge employees and
> contractors.  However, Allura has been encouraging and open to new contributors
> and has several PPMC members that are not affiliated with SourceForge (even
> though they are not currently developing Allura)
>
> I would be in favor of graduation; its ultimately up to the IPMC and board to
> decide if there is a diversity issue.

Forgot to mention project infrastructure.  Tickets are still managed on
sf.net/p/allura while everything else is on forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura
which we've set up with infrastructure.  You can fork the code on
forge-allura.a.o but aren't able to push commits back up for a merge request
(see ticket 7134 for details).  Those are 2 sub-par items worth noting, but IMO
not graduation blockers.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal