From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Discuss: Ready to graduate?
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2014 15:04:19 GMT
On 2/27/14 7:40 PM, Wayne Witzel III wrote:
> I think it is a great idea. +1

There are two documents that explain graduation readiness and policies.  Guide:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#requirements   Official
Policy:
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Graduating+from+the+Incubator

I think we're all set from the legal side (code grants, license, dependencies,
etc).  We've made two successful releases.  For meritocracy/community I must be
forthright and say that we are not in as good a situation as I would like, but
perhaps it is solid enough for graduation:

"The project is not highly dependent on any single contributor (there are at
least 3 legally independent committers and there is no single company or entity
that is vital to the success of the project)"

The vast majority of development has been from SourceForge employees and
contractors.  However, Allura has been encouraging and open to new contributors
and has several PPMC members that are not affiliated with SourceForge (even
though they are not currently developing Allura)

I would be in favor of graduation; its ultimately up to the IPMC and board to
decide if there is a diversity issue.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal