incubator-allura-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Tests failures by timeout
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 17:37:20 GMT
Would a higher default timeout value in run_tests help?

On 2/4/14 11:31 AM, Tim Van Steenburgh wrote:
> The ./run_tests scripts now uses the nose multiproc plugin to run tests concurrently
where possible. You can disable this and revert to the old behavior by running `./run_tests
-m 1`.
> 
> 
> On Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 11:19 AM, Igor Bondarenko wrote:
> 
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> I and other developers getting test failures by timeout (both on our
>> internal CI and locally). I wonder if it's due to some recent changes?
>> Tests in older branches pass just fine.
>>
>> Dave says it can be related to some changes Tim made. Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Example trace here (but there are a lot of them in various apps):
>>
>> ======================================================================
>> ERROR:
>> allura.tests.functional.test_home.TestProjectHome.test_project_group_nav_more_than_ten
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File
>> "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nose/plugins/multiprocess.py",
>> line 812, in run
>> test(orig)
>> File "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nose/case.py",
>> line 45, in __call__
>> return self.run(*arg, **kwarg)
>> File "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nose/case.py",
>> line 133, in run
>> self.runTest(result)
>> File "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nose/case.py",
>> line 151, in runTest
>> test(result)
>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/unittest/case.py", line 429, in __call__
>> return self.run(*args, **kwds)
>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/unittest/case.py", line 356, in run
>> self.setUp()
>> File "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nose/case.py",
>> line 381, in setUp
>> try_run(self.inst, ('setup', 'setUp'))
>> File "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nose/util.py",
>> line 469, in try_run
>> return func()
>> File
>> "/home/fortytwo/fortytwo-1034/forge/AlluraTest/alluratest/controller.py",
>> line 129, in setUp
>> setup_functional_test(app_name=self.application_under_test))
>> File
>> "/home/fortytwo/fortytwo-1034/forge/AlluraTest/alluratest/controller.py",
>> line 83, in setup_functional_test
>> setup_basic_test(config, app_name)
>> File
>> "/home/fortytwo/fortytwo-1034/forge/AlluraTest/alluratest/controller.py",
>> line 72, in setup_basic_test
>> cmd.run([test_file])
>> File
>> "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PasteScript-1.7.4.2-py2.7.egg/paste/script/appinstall.py",
>> line 68, in run
>> return super(AbstractInstallCommand, self).run(new_args)
>> File
>> "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PasteScript-1.7.4.2-py2.7.egg/paste/script/command.py",
>> line 238, in run
>> result = self.command()
>> File
>> "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PasteScript-1.7.4.2-py2.7.egg/paste/script/appinstall.py",
>> line 447, in command
>> conf = appconfig(config_spec, relative_to=os.getcwd())
>> File
>> "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PasteDeploy-1.5.0-py2.7.egg/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py",
>> line 261, in appconfig
>> global_conf=global_conf)
>> File
>> "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PasteDeploy-1.5.0-py2.7.egg/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py",
>> line 296, in loadcontext
>> global_conf=global_conf)
>> File
>> "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PasteDeploy-1.5.0-py2.7.egg/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py",
>> line 320, in _loadconfig
>> return loader.get_context(object_type, name, global_conf)
>> File
>> "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PasteDeploy-1.5.0-py2.7.egg/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py",
>> line 454, in get_context
>> section)
>> File
>> "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PasteDeploy-1.5.0-py2.7.egg/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py",
>> line 476, in _context_from_use
>> object_type, name=use, global_conf=global_conf)
>> File
>> "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PasteDeploy-1.5.0-py2.7.egg/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py",
>> line 406, in get_context
>> global_conf=global_conf)
>> File
>> "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PasteDeploy-1.5.0-py2.7.egg/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py",
>> line 296, in loadcontext
>> global_conf=global_conf)
>> File
>> "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PasteDeploy-1.5.0-py2.7.egg/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py",
>> line 320, in _loadconfig
>> return loader.get_context(object_type, name, global_conf)
>> File
>> "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PasteDeploy-1.5.0-py2.7.egg/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py",
>> line 454, in get_context
>> section)
>> File
>> "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PasteDeploy-1.5.0-py2.7.egg/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py",
>> line 476, in _context_from_use
>> object_type, name=use, global_conf=global_conf)
>> File
>> "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PasteDeploy-1.5.0-py2.7.egg/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py",
>> line 406, in get_context
>> global_conf=global_conf)
>> File
>> "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PasteDeploy-1.5.0-py2.7.egg/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py",
>> line 296, in loadcontext
>> global_conf=global_conf)
>> File
>> "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PasteDeploy-1.5.0-py2.7.egg/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py",
>> line 328, in _loadegg
>> return loader.get_context(object_type, name, global_conf)
>> File
>> "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PasteDeploy-1.5.0-py2.7.egg/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py",
>> line 620, in get_context
>> object_type, name=name)
>> File
>> "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PasteDeploy-1.5.0-py2.7.egg/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py",
>> line 640, in find_egg_entry_point
>> pkg_resources.require(self.spec)
>> File
>> "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources.py",
>> line 669, in require
>> self.add(dist)
>> File
>> "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources.py",
>> line 518, in add
>> dist.insert_on(self.entries, entry)
>> File
>> "/var/local/env-allura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nose/plugins/multiprocess.py",
>> line 276, in signalhandler
>> raise TimedOutException()
>> TimedOutException:
>> 'allura.tests.functional.test_home.TestProjectHome.test_project_group_nav_more_than_ten'
>>
>>
>>
> 
> 
> 



-- 
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal
http://www.splike.com : programming
              <><

Mime
View raw message