From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject when to do a next Allura release?
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2013 19:36:39 GMT
How frequently do we want to make Allura releases?  Particularly when do we want
to make our next one - but we can talk in general terms too.

I am thinking we should do one fairly soon.  It took a while to get our first
release out, but we now have a release script which should help automate a lot
and ensure we cover all the technical aspects.  And I think we'll be able to get
the votes more easily now that we've gotten past the hurdle of the first one.
Also, the Incubator PMC (IPMC) has voted & invited me to join the IPMC a little
while ago, so I can cast a binding vote too.

In general, I'd suggest we make releases after certain significant features are
done, or after a few months if we're doing many small/medium changes but nothing
too big.  Lately we've done a lot of work around Google, Trac, and Github
importers.  IMO https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/6922/ is a blocker for
github, but after that is fixed might be a good time to release.  Another big
ongoing initiative is activity streams, which might make a good 3rd release).

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal