From Wayne Witzel III <wwitz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: a UI for filtering tickets
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 15:51:25 GMT
+1 to the idea of an easy to use filtering interface.

The example UI is a little confusing, with the search input above the filtering options, it
also appears you have to re-submit the search after you add filtering options.
Looking at other sites, I see a common pattern for simple filtering (which compliments robust
searching)

 - Obvious that a filter is being used.
 - Easy to clear filters
 - Single click to apply a filter

I see the example UI as just creating a UI around the solr syntax, but I think creating a
more minimal UI and incorporating it in to / just below above the ticket listing header (like
the Advanced filtering for browsing sf.net) is a better approach. It would be intuitive to
the user and could auto-populate with only values that exist to be filtered. Avoiding typos
in a label filter for example.

--
Wayne Witzel III (@wwitzel3)
wayne@pieceofpy.com