From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: RFC: LICENSE and NOTICE cleanups (ASF release)
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 21:40:53 GMT
I think sebb's comments could be interpreted either way :)  But it sounds like
we agree that it's better not to have extra LICENSE & NOTICE files that may
confuse people.

I like Peter's suggestion of keeping them in the source so that they're ready if
we need them later for PyPI releases, and then have a little release script to
remove them from the tarball.  A little release script could be nice anyway to
make sure we don't fat finger any details (git archive params, proper filename,
add git tag, create hash files).  We would have to keep them both maintained
when we add new bundled dependencies.

I also see Cory's point that we might not even need the per-package LICENSE &
NOTICE files if we release via pypi.  But if we do end up needing them, then
splitting them back out of the combined top-level file to reconstruct
individually could be difficult and error-prone.

-Dave

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal