From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: how to move tickets from SourceForge to ASF Allura
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2013 18:22:46 GMT
On 9/9/13 2:13 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:
> On 09/06/2013 11:39 AM, Dave Brondsema wrote:
>> 3) Move all Allura tickets.  We would have all of the project history in one
>> place.  But it would take even more time to sort through all the tickets to
>> determine what is "allura" and should be moved, and what should not.
>>
>> I prefer option 3.  It's more work but will be very helpful to have all tickets
>> in one place.  I have pretty good knowledge of all the tickets and can be the
>> one to sort out which to move and which to keep on SF.
>>
>> As far as the technical work to do a move, we can export all the data using the
>> APIs.  And we can write an import utility which handles the Allura api/export
>> format (which would be good to do anyway).  Many usernames wouldn't match up,
>> and would have to be changed to "anonymous" or create a stub user in Allura (my
>> preference).  Cross-references (to wiki pages, chat logs, SF site-support
>> tickets, etc) would break.
>>
>> How does that sound?  Any other suggestions?
> From a product feature perspective, having a simple way to export your tickets
> from a project and import them into another Allura instance seems really
> important, so, thinking of this not as a one-time migration but as an actual
> feature ... is this possible from the Data Export feature (
> http://sourceforge.net/blog/project-data-export/) ?

Yes, that's the goal.  The export is there, and we need to implement the import
portion: https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/6638/  For our particular
use-case we'll need some further work to filter which tickets we'll import
(delete some from the export file, or pull the API for all the tickets we want
and concat them)

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal