From Dave Brondsema <dbronds...@slashdotmedia.com>
Subject Re: ASF Incubator Release Vote: 1.0.0
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 21:07:07 GMT
On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 1:16 PM, Cory Johns <cjohns@slashdotmedia.com>wrote:

> The first candidate for initial Allura Incubator release is up.
>
>   * File:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/allura//allura-1.0.0.tar.gz
>   * Sig:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/allura//allura-1.0.0.tar.asc

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/allura/allura-1.0.0.tar.gz.ascis
the correct URL

>   * KEYS file:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/allura/KEYS
>   * Tag (asf_release_1.0.0):
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-allura.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/asf_release_1.0.0
>
> Once this is voted and approved by us, we'll put it up for vote on
> general@incubator.apache.org for general approval as our first official
> Allura incubator release.

I think we'll need a checksum file to go along with the tarball too.  Looks
like some projects have just .md5 and others also have .sha1 and .sha512 as
well.  Just md5 would be my preference.

Do we need a Changelog/news file in the release?  It would be nice, but I
don't see it as a blocker unless policy requires it.

--
Dave Brondsema
Principal Software Engineer - sourceforge.net