From Dave Brondsema <dbronds...@slashdotmedia.com>
Subject Re: [allura:tickets] #6547 Route incoming email based on X-Delivered-To
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 20:25:11 GMT
On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Daniel Shahaf <danielsh@apache.org> wrote:

> Dave Brondsema wrote on Fri, Aug 09, 2013 at 16:41:11 +0000:
> > We need to be able to route incoming email that all goes to the same
> address, but is distinguished by `X-Delivered-To`.  Perhaps it should be a
> config option to enable it?
> >
> > Per ASF infra:
> >
> > > Our default way of forwarding is by doing sth like
> > >  RCPT TO:<constant-string@allura-vm.apache.org>
> > > , which means the original envelope recipients are only in
> > > X-Delivered-To (IIRC) headers added by our MX.
>
> Before you go too far down the path of recognising that header, do take
> a minute to verify that "IIRC".  A quick check says that particular
> header is added only for mailing lists we run.  To test, just email your
> personal username@a.o address to try --- it uses the same kind of forward.

I only see the original "To:" header, which could work, I suppose. There is
also a "Delivered-To: apmail-brondsem@apache.org" in the middle. Not
exactly sure what that one would be like when the allura mail routing is
set up. I think we can wait and see what the headers actually turn out to
be.

> Daniel
>
> P.S.  Dave, your ssh key in ldap is wrong; it should be a string such as
> "ssh-rsa AAAAB.... nick" all in one line.

On id.apache.org I see 2 text boxes with that sort of format, then one that
says "brondsem" that is persistent even if I delete it and save.

--
Dave Brondsema
Principal Software Engineer - sourceforge.net