From Roberto Galoppini <roberto.galopp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ASF Incubator Release Vote: 1.0.0
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 20:59:14 GMT
2013/8/15 Dave Brondsema <dave@brondsema.net>

> On 8/15/13 4:10 PM, Peter Hartmann wrote:
> > On 14.08.2013 at 22:36 Dave Brondsema <dave@brondsema.net> wrote:
> >
> >> +1 (binding)
> >>
> >> I installed it locally (OSX) and all went fine (although setup-app
> spews a lot
> >> of non-fatal error-looking messages).  To my knowledge our licensing is
> good.
> >> And in my opinion, the issues I raised on this thread (hash formats,
> changelog)
> >> aren't blocking.

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/allura//allura-1.0.0.tar.gz
> >>>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/allura//allura-1.0.0.tar.asc
> >>>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-allura.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/asf_release_1.0.0

> official
> >>>

> > Being gone for such a long time and leaving release in your hands, I
> don't feel
> > particularily entitled to voice any concern. Talk about coming late to
> the party.
> >
> > However, let me point out that, per ASF Incubation policy:
> >
> >> the release archive MUST contain the word "incubating" in the filename;
> andthe
> >> release archive MUST contain an Incubation disclaimer (as described in
> the
> >> previous section), clearly visible in the main documentation or README
> file.
> >
> > ( http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases)
> >
> > Disclaimer's example/template is given at:
> > http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html
> >
> > I want to stress that It's not my intention to nitpick, I want this
> release out
> > as everyone else. I view this as something I should've done myself and
> long time
> > ago.
> >

> That's a very important point, not a nit-pick.  Actually, Cory noticed
> this a
> few hours ago too -- but emails sent from our corporate addresses seem to
> go
> into folks' spam folders :(

Yea, it seems a problem affecting at least all people using gmail.

Here is how to fix it:

1. write "from:(@slashdotmedia.com)" in the search field.
2. click on the downward pointing triangle of the search field to make it
show the search options.
3. check the "Never send to spam" checkbox
4. Click on the "Create the filter" button.

I wish to thank Davide who originally pointed me to an internet resource
explaining it all!

Roberto